Premier has been an active member of Kelowna’s community since we opened our doors. Below you’ll find details of our charity works as well as our involvement with local news/politics etc. We believe in supporting where we live so our donations tend to be local in nature.
Charitable Works and Corporate Donations:
At Premier we believe that businesses need to contribute back to the communities in which they live. We have an active history of supporting local charitable causes, a few of which are footnoted below:
- 1997: Helping victims of crime
- 1998: Kelowna Food bank donation
- 2005: Kelowna Foodbank challenge
- 2009: Kelowna Foodbank $250 donation
- 2011: Autism Fundraiser
- 2011: Sunrise Rotary ‘Go for the Gold’ fundraiser
- 2012: Sun Have a Heart Radiothon $500 donation
- 2013: $1000+ SPCA Donation
- 2014 Police K-9 Unit Trials
- 2014 / 2015 Kelowna Women’s Shelter & Have A Heart Radiothon
- 2015: $2000 Donation to Kelowna Women’s Shelter
Government / Police Relations
As an industry leader in our field we’ve often been involved with local government and police in refining local pawn and secondhand laws. Notable situations include addressing unfair license fee increases in 1999, strengthening pawn/secondhand laws in 2003 and working to improve client privacy in 2004 -2006.
Protecting Client Privacy
In 2004 we were involved in redefining the right to client privacy after concerned members of the public lodged complaints. We lodged our case with the BC Privacy Commissioner and the B.C. Civil Liberties Union who sided with us.
Capital News Front Page: B.C. Privacy Commissioner sides with Pawnbroker