Kelowna’s leading pawn shop is looking for talent! Yes, we’re a pawn shop – they make TV shows about stores like us. Check out our recruiting video to see what we mean. It’s not a mall job: step outside the box and do something different. Work here and do cool stuff every day.
If you’re performance driven and work well in a team you could have a new career. Viewers of PAWNSTARS know how diverse and interesting this industry can be. If you relish a challenge, enjoy learning and offer great client service we’re interested in talking to you. Details on the position and how to apply are detailed down the page.
Send your resumes to:
We contact selected candidates via EMAIL. Please watch your INBOX.
Thank you for applying.
What we offer (The Perks):
- Start wage: $16/hr, up to $18 within the year (after training).
- Great shifts: Closed on stat holidays and off by 6:30PM at night
- Medical & Dental benefits available @ 3 months
- Full time (32-40HR/week) with a set shift (so you can plan your life)
- Make it a career: significant room for advancement and wage growth
- Make it a profession: paid education with training incentives
- Attainable productivity bonuses – get rewarded for your effort.
What We Need:
We’ll teach you jewelry and pawnbroking. However, it’s easier if you already have some product knowledge. Our ideal candidate will be familiar with at least one of the following areas:
- Cellular and mobile technology
- Computers and / or consumer electronics
- Video game systems
- Digital Photography and Photoshop
- Guitars and Musical instruments
Please make sure to list any related skills / work experience on your resume or cover letter.
Here’s the fine print:
- We don’t expect you to be a jewelry expert – we train that. We DO expect you be willing to learn and improve yourself.
- Be detail oriented. You can’t buy diamonds or $1000 guitars without paying attention.
- Be a ‘people person’, you’ll be working in a team environment helping retail clients
- Ability to handle retail warehouse duties: light lifting, ladders, and being on your feet.
- Must be bondable (no criminal background)
- Have a good work ethic: be reliable, on time and ready to work.
- Must be able to type with current computer skills (Internet, Windows 10, email).
- We’re open 7 days a week so you’ll get at least 1 weekend shift. Sorry.