<UPDATE: We are back to regular operating hours per THIS post>
To Our Valued Clients and Friends,
These are troubling times. We are all aware that COVID-19 (Coronavirus) is spreading rapidly within Canada (and B.C. specifically). Our team is carefully monitoring the situation in consultation with industry groups and the recommendations of health authorities.
The B.C. Government has designated pawn shops as essential services and requested that we stay open. We provide “non-bank access to capital” by helping clients convert property into financial stability. We give them the resources to purchase food, supplies and meet critical payments during this crisis. As the situation is rapidly changing (daily even) we will adopt updated recommendations. This includes the potential closure of our storefront if health authorities recommend it. While our goal is to help clients in need we will follow guidelines for the greater good of the community.
In the interim, Premier is working within best practices to make a safer space for our clients and team:
- Instead of visiting the store we are encouraging clients with outstanding payments (layaways etc.) to use our online payment system. Instructions are available at HERE.
- We have installed plexi-glass security barriers to protect clients and team members during in-store transactions.
- High contact areas such as counters, door handles and similar surfaces are being washed several times a day with Lysol.
- We have signage and policies in place regarding social distancing. Staff have been authorized to enforce this in our store. They will refuse service to anyone who does not comply. Please be respectful of their directions and obey best practices.
- We have reduced the number of active intake stations to increase client spacing. We apologize if this creates a wait time but we feel the enhanced security is worth it.
- We have provided all team members with nitrile gloves which they are encouraged to wash with Lysol between transactions.
- We are limiting store occupancy to 2 clients (or less) and are prioritizing financial services over retail sales.
- We are refusing entry to anyone with visible signs of sickness (coughing, etc.)
- For security reasons we must refuse entry to anyone wearing a mask.
For more information regarding this emerging situation we recommend you visit the following website: