Apprentice Pawnbroker / Product Specialist
Kelowna’s leading pawn shop has a full-time position available. The work is exciting, dynamic and constantly changing as we deal with a diverse array of products. Viewers of PAWNSTARS will know how interesting this industry can be. You’ll learn how to authenticate Rolex watches, grade diamonds, sell guitars and more! Welcome to one of the most unique jobs on the planet!
We train the jewellery skills but a strong pre-knowledge in ONE of the following areas is required:
Guitars and instruments
Cell phones and related products
Home theatre & related electronics
What we offer:
- Full time 40hrs a week (1 weekend shift required)
- $13/hr to start, more after training or with industry experience
- $1000 end of training bonus (typically 6 months after hire based on proficiency)
- Productivity incentives and wage advancement opportunities
- Medical/Dental benefits offered at 6 months+
- Excellent staff discounts
- Be bondable, drug free and non-smoking.
- Type 35WPM+ with Windows computer skills: We are a computerized workplace.
- Maintain a professional appearance and present a positive image to the public.
- Be goal oriented with strong attention to detail
- Be reasonably fit, capable of standing for long periods, some lifting, etc.
- Have strong problem solving skills with the ability to think on your feet.
Primary Responsibilities (after training):
- Retail sales of various store products and services
- Appraise and purchase items from clients in compliance with store policy and local bylaws.
- Prepare stock for retail sale including testing, cleaning, pricing and merchandising.
- General store upkeep (cleaning etc.)
- File daily paperwork
Email resumes and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put ‘Job Application’ in the subject line. We appreciate all applications but we will only be able to contact selected candidates. Thanks and good luck.