Team Leader – Pawn Clerk
Kelowna’s leading pawn shop has a team leader opening! If you’re professional, performance driven and work well in a team you could have a new career. Viewers of PAWNSTARS will know how diverse and interesting this industry can be. If you relish a challenge, enjoy learning and offer great client service we’re interested in talking to you.
What we offer:
- Wage starts at $14/hr, raises to $15 after training
- up to $17.50/HR inclusive of performance bonus
- Paid Medical/Dental at 6 months
- Paid Education and self-improvement incentives
- Stable long term employment (we’ve been open 20 years)
- Excellent staff discounts
- Full time: 38-40 Hours weekly
What we need:
- You must be willing to learn. Our workplace is dynamic and interesting – you must adapt and thrive with a challenge.
- Stability: The job is long term, we expect you to be as well.
- Excellent work ethic with good attention to detail. If it’s worth doing, it’s worth doing right.
- Computer skills including typing (40+ WPM) and familiarity with Windows. Computers rule the world, get used to it.
- You should have some post secondary education (College, University, Trades). The desire for self improvement is important so we look for it.
- Skills (knowing things makes you useful):
- Management (via education or job experience).
- Retail merchandising experience, inventory management etc.
- Computers (technical, photoshop, desktop publishing)
- Product knowledge in jewellery / electronics / home theatre
- Music Instruments (guitar repair and restoration etc).
- Solid written and verbal communication skills. Because clients talk and write things too.
- Be reasonably fit, able to do minor lifting. Because work involves actual work sometimes.
- You must be bondable and drug free. Because drugs rot your brain.
Primary Responsibilities (after training):
- Supervise JR level staff ensuring compliance with store policies and best practices.
- Assist in retail sales of various store products and services. This includes posting items to our website and other venues.
- Appraise and purchase items from clients in compliance with store policy and local bylaws.
- Prepare stock for retail sale including testing, cleaning, pricing and merchandising.
Please submit resumes with cover letter to PREMIERPAWN@GMAIL.COM. We believe in a “right-fit” hiring procedure and will only contact selected applicants. Thank you for your interest.